Following the finalisation of our materiality assessment, we know where to focus our efforts, while making sure Safic-Alcan’s overall ESG policy is coherent. We have updated our strategy to guide our efforts toward our vision and mission as a specialty chemicals distributor committed to continuous improvement, innovation and responsibility.
22nd of July 2021
Safic-Alcan, a global specialty chemicals distributor, is pleased to publish its second Sustainability report “The Durable Link: Moving Forward”. This report introduced Safic-Alcan’s new ESG strategy, its contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals and its commitments to improve and innovate in the value chain.
As a durable link, Safic-Alcan is well positioned to bring all its Partners together to understand consumers’ needs and how to implement, together, sustainable innovation in the marketplace. As such, Safic-Alcan conducted in 2020 its first materiality assessment to verify that its previous ESG strategy was well aligned with its internal and external stakeholders’ expectations.
This report concludes the 2018 ESG strategy and performance, and presents:
- The Innovation & Sustainability Council which leverages sustainability as a key driver of innovation and growth and ensures, internally, collaboration and communication.
- The first materiality matrix conducted with a Stakeholders approach to identify ESG challenges that matters.
- The update of its ESG strategy focused now on five objectives to 2030:
- Develop a sustainability-advantaged products portfolio,
- Deploy sustainability in its value chain,
- Contribute to circular operational practices,
- Pursue ethical business practices,
- Enhance its commitment to its People and its Group Culture.
- The announcement of its short-term goals to achieve them.
While we have started our journey in 2018, we are moving forward with a better understanding of where to go. As we continue to understand our impacts, we will set new targets and initiatives to enhance our efforts and pathway. This journey is only possible with the collaboration of our stakeholders so we hope that this report will inspire new opportunities to make positive changes in all our value chain.
Safic-Alcan sustainability report is now available through Safic-Alcan’s website here.
- Article (3158)
- Formulation (63)